Book your appointment nowMAKE APPOINTMENT
At Fleetcare Maintenance we also provide Class 4 car MOT in Stockport, Greater Manchester. A class 4 vehicle includes a large variety of vehicles and we can provide a quality and efficient car MOT service in Stockport, for a wide selection of vehicles from our modern high quality Test Centre in Stockport. We can provide everything from recording your test and providing you with your certification quickly. We also, provide an automatic update service in Stockport, so you know when you have to renew your car MOT.
· Cars – including 3-wheeled vehicles that weight more than 450kg.
· Taxis, minibuses and ambulances that have up to 12 passenger seats.
· Goods Vehicles not exceeding 3,000kg in Design Gross Weight (DGW).
· Motor caravans and dual purpose vehicles.
At Fleetcare Maintenance we provide an innovative pre-MOT service in Stockport that will help you get that first time pass. And we’ve even laid out some advice below for you!
· Start from the inside and work your way outside, focus on the driver’s controls for example check the steering wheel, handbrake and footbrake.
· Ensure the windscreen is free of chips and cracks so your vision is clear.
· Make sure your seatbelts are in working order and not twisted or damaged in any way.
· Test your shock absorbers, so you can be sure they are still strictly sound.
· Keep your car clean and tidy it might not be on the test but it will help ensure your vehicle makes a good first impression.
If you do fail your MOT don’t worry because we offer a free re-testing service in Stockport. Simply book your re-test within 10 days of your first test and we can also do the necessary work for you or you can have it done by a third party. For a comprehensive look at what you’ll be tested on you can view the VOSA home page – http://www.dfs.gov.uk
Let’s take a look at what you need to focus on if you want to ensure you pass your MOT test on your first attempt. And remember at Fleetcare Maintenance you can also booking all your MOT testing in Stockport, Greater Manchester through us.
· Registration Plate – make sure it’s clean, secure and legible.
· Car Lights – Make sure your headlights work correctly and efficiently.
· Steering/ Suspension – Ensure they work smoothly and correctly.
· Wipers/ Washers – Ensure they work correctly so you get a clear view of the road ahead.
· Windscreen –Make sure it’s free of damage so you have a clear view of the road.
· Seatbelts – Make sure your seatbelts are correctly installed and the correct type. Also make sure they are still in good condition and work correctly.
· Seats – Make sure your front and rear seats are secure and in the correct position.
· Exhaust Emissions/ System – Ensure your vehicle meets the requirements for exhaust emission and that your exhaust system works correctly and is still in good condition.
· Vehicle Structure –Make sure your vehicle is free of excessive corrosion and damage.
· Doors – Don’t forget your car doors, they need to be secure and open & close smoothly securely.
· Mirrors – Your mirrors are of the upmost importance they need to be in good condition and secure.
· Wheels/ Tires – Make sure your tires are the correct type and fitted correctly. Make sure you double check your tires condition to make sure they are strong and secure.
· Brakes – Make sure your brakes work correctly and still perform well. You breaks will be tested differently depending on the type of vehicle/ drive you have.
We offer a full range of garage services to vehicle owners in Stockport, Greater Manchester. We can help you with everything from an oil change to an engine change. We can handle any problem on both foreign and domestic vehicles.